Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Desperate Cry




Isaiah 64:8... We all are the work of Thy hand.

We are wrought by His will. The Lord Himself has shaped us and He knows of what making we are. He wonderfully put us together according to His plan. Paul writes that we are His workmanship, created in Christ for good works. God has done His part, now it is our turn to work on our end. Paul also reminds us that we are workers together with Him.

Therefore, let us apply God's word to our own life and stir up within our heart the desire to follow Him. This page is filled with God's word for direction, instruction and encouragement. Be greatly blessed as you allow Him to speak to you.

Psalms 121:1... I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

Psalm 34:17... The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Don't believe the lies of satan or those of your own mind that the Lord will leave you standing in the cold. His word is Yea and Amen. No need to doubt Him, rather check your own heart. Dare to walk according to His word with courage, even when you see the opposite happening. 
Many before you walked the same path and have become the living proof of God's faithfulness. But, if you waver you cannot receive anything, for you're like a wave of the sea driven with the wind. Bathe in God's word and soak it in, for it will benefit your soul.

Psalm 46:1... God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 40:1... I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.

Psalm 18:6... In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God for help; He heard my voice out of His temple, and my cry for help before Him came into His ears.

Crying out in desperation may happen when one feels out of control; has no solution for the situation, or neither a grip on it. It comes from a humble heart. It is a call for help, which is not premeditated, neither is it hopeful thinking, but it wells up from one's soul due to the circumstances; a cry of urgency. This cry then comes from deep within. It is pushed upward and may come out in a loud voice.
We need to start seeing our situation with God's eyes. We need to come to a point of hopelessness in ourselves - a dead end road - while turning completely to the Lord with uplifted hands. We need to humble ourselves before God and come off of our pedestal. We must learn to listen to our own heart and allow it to communicate with our God, Abba Father.

The Lord may even create a situation in your life through which you get a chance to exercise this desperate cry. He may lead you into places where you will learn what it takes to draw His attention.
As a mother knows, by the sound of the cry, when her child is just whining or if it cries for help, so does the Lord know our voice. Aren't we also His own?

Psalm 130:1... Out of the depths have I cried unto Thee, O Lord.

Psalms 69:1-3... Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

I hope I don't repeat myself, but your genuine desperate cry will do. Often we have to come to this point in our life of utter desperation. I can testify to the fact that through a genuine cry, from deep within, God will be present and respond. It seems to trigger a spiritual law which provides instant help.

I have had several of these wonderful experiences - not so wonderful at the time - of which some are already on my website. I can only express it with this simple line: the Lord drops everything when we, from the depth of our soul, are making a desperate effort to seek contact with Him. There are several examples of this in the Bible, and many scriptures to back this up.

Psalms 145:18,19... The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of them that fear Him: He also will hear their cry, and will save them.

Psalm 94:19... In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.

Hannah was greatly grieved for she could not bear a child. She entered the temple in bitterness of soul, and wept in anguish, while praying unto the Lord.
She prayed in reverence to the Lord that He would look upon her affliction, remember her and give her a son. In return she promised to give her son back unto the Lord's service. Hannah did pour out her soul before the Lord, the Scripture states.

Hannah touched the heart of God and received an instant reply through Eli, the priest. Eli said to her: "Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou has asked of Him. (1 Samuel Chapter 1)

Psalm 9:12... He forgetteth not the cry of the humble.

Psalm 25:1... Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

Read what David declares in 1Samuel 17:37...The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine.

Lamentations 3:54-57... Waters flowed over mine head; then I said, I am cut off. I called on Thy name, O Lord, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not Thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon Thee: Thou saidst, Fear Not.

Through disobedience unto the Lord the prophet Jonah landed in the belly of a great fish, after he was thrown overboard during a storm at sea.
The Lord showed His mercy by supplying the great fish to catch Jonah. He didn't say: "Jonah, that serves you right, go swim." Believe me, my friend, Jonah did send some desperate prayers to the Lord from within that dark slimy place. 
We all know how the fish vomited out Jonah onto the dry land. The Lord rescued Jonah to give him yet another chance. Also, the Lord did not allow Jonah to escape his calling to present God's message to the people of Nineveh; bringing them to repentance. Below are Jonah's words and cry of desperation.

Jonah 2:2-9... I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and Thou heardest my voice. For Thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all Thy billows and Thy waves passed over me.
Then I said, I am cast out of Thy sight; yet I will look again toward Thy holy temple. The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast Thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.
When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto Thee, into Thine holy temple.
They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy, But I will sacrifice unto Thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that which I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.


James 4:8... Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you.

2 Chronicles 30:9... The Lord your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away His face from you, if ye return unto Him.

The Assyrian official Rab-shakeh had sent an intimidating message to Hezekiah which also contained the following: "Let not thy God in whom thou trustest deceive thee, saying, Jerusalem shall not be delivered into the hand of the king of Assyria."

Hezekiah rent his clothes and didn't know what to do better than to present it to the Lord Himself, 
and he said:
2 Kings 19:15-19... O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, Thou art the God, even Thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; Thou hast made heaven and earth.
LORD, bow down Thine ear, and hear: open, LORD, Thine eyes, and see: and hear the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent him to reproach the living God. 
Of a truth, LORD, the kings of Assyria have destroyed the nations and their lands, And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them.

Now therefore, O LORD our God, I beseech Thee, save Thou us out of his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that Thou art the LORD God, even Thou only.


The word of the Lord came to Isaiah concerning the King of Assyria, and the angel of the Lord went out and smote all of them of the camp of the Assyrians. (2 Kings 19:21-37)
Even Job is saying: "The Lord heareth the cry of the afflicted. Job 34:28

Psalm 72:12... He shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.

It was in the days of queen Esther and her uncle, Mordecai, that Haman had stewed up his wicked plan to destroy all the Jews that lived throughout the kingdom of Ahasuerus. Haman succeeded by influencing the king to favor his idea.
And a decree went out to every province and to every people after their language, to destroy, kill and to cause to perish all Jews; young and old. But, praise God, He placed Esther in the house of the king, long before this, to save His people.

When Mordecai hears about this decree, he rents his clothes, and puts on sackcloth and ashes and cries with a loud and a bitter cry. There was great mourning among the Jews with fasting, weeping and wailing. 
When queen Esther learned about this horrible plan she was exceedingly grieved, for the Jews were her own people. Mordecai charged Esther that she should go to the king to make supplication unto him for her people.

She was the only person who could make a change in this verdict. Then Esther, her maidens and all the Jews in Shushan did fast for three days and three nights, before she appeared unto the king with her petition. Esther did find favor in the eyes of the king and the plot was reversed; making an end to Haman, his house and all the Jews' enemies.

Lamentations 3:25,26... The LORD is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Now, who do you think was really in charge of the above rescue mission? Aren't the Lord's ears bent down to them that desperately cry? Praise His name, He rescued His people from annihilation. Please, go and read the Book of Esther and get your spiritual adrenalin going.

Psalms 70:5... But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: Thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.

Multitudes have come to Jesus Christ in anguish and with desperate cries, whose needs were met. Just read the Gospel of Matthew and you will meet some of these people; the leper, the paralytic, the centurion, the demoniac, the daughter of Jairus, and many more. Even one desperate old woman touched the hem of His garment and received healing.

The Scripture states in Matthew 12:15... A great multitude followed Him, and He healed them ALL.
Beloved, God hasn't changed. Let's become desperate in our search for Him, and diligently seek His face. Let's go back to His word and believe what it says. No "but's" or "if's", just trusting Him alone; standing on His word.

Jesus is asking you concerning your needs, as He did the two blind men (Matthew 9:28,29): "Believe ye that I am able to do this?" If your answer is "Yes", the Lord is saying to you right now: "According to your faith be it unto you."

Psalms 109:26,27... Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to Thy mercy: That they may know that this is Thy hand; that Thou, LORD, hast done it.

Here is one of my stories.
We owned a rental property for many years. This provided us with an income so I could offer free counseling and cover all the expenses of my website. We didn't mind the work of maintaining the buildings, but the tenants became a great burden.
Undesirable situations arose such as court cases, police investigations, continuous damage to the buildings, unpaid rent, sinful lifestyles, ect. A couple of years ago we started to pray that it would be sold.
We kept on believing that the Lord would answer this prayer, because we had a very good reason to why we wanted to get rid of it. We did cry many times unto the Lord, concerning this matter. Yet, we had not become desperate enough in our prayers.

In November 2000, my husband and I were discussing this thing again and I became overwhelmed by the burden of being the owner of this complex.
All of a sudden it hit me like a rock. I said to my husband: "Let us pray again." I literally cried unto God and with full surrender I loudly spoke to the Lord and said : " LORD, DELIVER US FROM THIS EVIL." We had become desperate and felt greatly relieved after prayer.

Within a couple of days our daughter, who is a Real Estate Broker, called that she had somebody looking at our apartment complex the following day. We had only one other prospective buyer looking at it in the last 3 years. This man came from the USA and seemed to be very interested. This was all we knew at the time.

That night I had a dream/vision, which was as follows:
I drove in a yellow school-bus and my husband was with me, nobody else. I drove on a narrow country road, while following the curves. All of a sudden I saw a narrow bridge in front of me. I could not back up, neither pull over. I couldn't even stop. The bridge was only 2 feet wide, while the bus was 8 feet wide. How could I ever get over this bridge?

Of course, time for thinking was nil. I had to make a split second decision. I continued. My husband was near panicking and said: O, NO! I seem to have an innate faith, and unknowing calmness overtook me.
As soon as I hit this "bridge" it widened to the size of the wheels of the bus. I could feel the side edges of the bridge with my tires. It was really tight, nothing to spare, but at least I was going.

I uttered a sigh of relief. My husband was trying to give me further directions, such as; not too far to the right, etc. I asked him to, please, keep quiet and let me do my thing. He didn't realize that I felt the ridges of the bridge with the tires. When I was about half way over the bridge I looked down to where the bridge went over. I was shocked to see this big canyon beneath me. I then woke up.

Psalm 22:11... Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

At first we didn't know to what the dream was related to, but we soon found out.
The prospective buyer called for a building and fire inspections to be done. We learned that the apartments needed to be upgraded according to new standard, which had recently become law. We didn't know much about it.
This meant that NO mortgage could be obtained by the new owner from any Bank until this all was fixed. This rather came to us as a shock.
It would cost us tens of thousands of dollars, and the loss of rental income, as tenants needed to move out to get the work done. We really couldn't take this on and normally this offer would have fallen through.

Psalms 40:13... Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

All of a sudden we saw the PICTURE... the narrow bridge... the far too large vehicle...trying to cross. It was impossible with man, but in the vision we crossed. This provided us with security that God was at work.
Although things became even more complicated, we recognized that the dream was related to this deal. Now we had to exercise our trust in God. A couple of tense days followed, after which the purchaser finally signed the agreement, 15 minutes before due time, at 11:45 p.m. He came up with a reduced offer and removed all the conditions on the Agreement of Sale.

Beloved, the purchaser didn't need a mortgage from the Bank, therefore he could make this offer without us having to meet the new building requirements. The chances of finding a buyer in that category, who was willing to put up with the expense of making the changes, and all the trouble around it, is very, very slim. The bridge was indeed very “narrow”.

PRAISE GOD, HE searched for us and did find the exact person, all the way from California. The narrow bridge was widened for His glory. AMEN AND AMEN!

Nahum 1:7... The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.

Dear friend, we have seen storms cease, rain stop and recently, rain pouring down, because God cares and listens to our cries. It has been dry with rising temperatures here for nearly seven weeks. Although we have a spare well to water the lawns and trees, it is not sufficient in this drought.
The woodland on our property began to wilt. Therefore, the other day we cried out unto the Lord in desperation, as we knew trees would die with the little watering we could do.

"And I saw a little cloud arising out of the sea, the size of a man's hand," says Elijah. This was not exactly what we saw, but clouds were coming from the North and it reminded us of Elijah's experience.
When the cloud mass came closer it seem to steer away from us. While standing outside watching what was going on, I called upon the Lord and pleaded: "Move it this way, O Lord, right above here." And it came slowly our way.

When these clouds were above us they came very near. I cried: "Lord open it up and let it come down, in Jesus name, we need it so badly. Do it now, I pray." The clouds began to rumble, the wind picked up and the rain came down. Praise God!
Just for your own information, there was NO weather forecast at all for rain nor thunderstorms, but the Lord did it anyway. Praise His wonderful name. Glory, Hallelujah!

Hosea 6:4... Your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.

1 Kings 18:45... And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain.

Psalms 104:13... He watereth the hills from His chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of Thy works.

Psalms 116:6... The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and He helped me.
The following spontaneous prayer was written to the Lord in a desperate hour, when I couldn't speak it out.
Remind me, O Lord, of Your word and cause me to submit to Your ways. Make me follow in Your statutes and comply with Your instructions. Draw my eyes upon Yourself so my heart will be inclined to please You. 
Teach me to forsake my own path and desires and to handle according to Your will. Help me to follow on the path of righteousness and stabilize me in Your laws.
Hear my cry as I desperately call upon You in time of untold causes of turmoil and pain. To whom shall I turn, O God, for help to restore my soul from the pains of this earthly life. 
To You alone I cry, as I know You are the only One and the Ultimate help for man's despair. Look down upon my soul, O Lord, and cleanse me from the dust of this world which clings onto my heart.
Praise be unto my God and Deliverer for help in time of need and healing in time of ailments. 
 For You are worthy to be praised with thanksgiving. You lift up them that are bogged down by circumstances. You raise up them that have hit the ground. 

Your strong hand holds tight them that are feeble and shaky. You guide them that request direction. O Lord, our great help in need and pain. You are just a call away, always available and responding to my cry.
My tears will be dried for You have heard my supplication. You have answered before I called. You have noticed my need from far off. You responded with loving-kindness and have comforted me in my loss. Take my hand, Lord, in Yours, for I have need of You in this hour. All glory and praises are to You, God and Father.
AMEN AND AMEN !!
* * * * * * *

Psalm 28:6... Blessed be the Lord, because He hath heard the voice of my supplication.

Psalm 72:18,19... Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen and Amen.



May the Lord add His blessings and confirm His word with wonders and miracles.






Copyright © Dr.Trudy Veerman, 1996-2014. All rights reserved.

No comments: