Saturday, February 15, 2014

God's Revelation

ULTIMATE FREEDOM

They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths; their soul is melted because of trouble. They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end. Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and He bringeth them out of their distresses. Psalm 107:26-28
But Thou are the same, and Thy years shall have no end. Psalm 102:2                                                             

May I remind you of the marvelous things that the Lord has done in the past. He has delivered His people many, many times and He is still in the business. He has not closed down shop yet.

We can read in Joshua Chapter 6 that the Lord instructed Joshua how to take the city of Jericho and to save the life of Rahab, the harlot. The seventh day the people of Israel walked seven times around the city and when the priests blew the trumpets the people started to shout, as commanded, Shouts of victory of course. The city was doomed by the Lord to destruction, so the walls came tumbling down. Miracle above miracle, for no weapon was used.

Beloved, the story does not stop here. Besides the miracle of these tumbling walls there was another miracle, perhaps even more difficult for us to imagine. Rahab's red cord was hanging out of her window and while everything was flat around her, her house was still standing. 
This is precision work that ONLY God can do. Some folks will tell you that the vibration of the trumpets and the shouting brought these walls down. They forget that Rahab's house was also on that same wall, and had not come down. It was God working through faith and obedience of His people.

To let these walls come down is one thing, but to leave Rahab's house standing in the middle of the rubble, is another. It is also quite noticeable that the Lord was more interested in Rahab's faith than in here "questionable" reputation. AHA ! Did you get the hint?

Sins can be forgiven, but without faith even God cannot do a thing. Also without faith it is impossible to please the Lord, according to Hebrews 11:6. Rahab's actions showed faith in the God of Israel. It was through her faith that God kept her house standing. Praise His wonderful name.

Are we serving this same God? Has He changed? Please, go back and meditate upon the scriptures above.


Gracious is the Lord, and righteous, yea, our God is merciful. Psalm 116:5
And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. Isaiah 40:5

We read in Exodus Chapter 14, how the Lord delivered His people from Pharaoh and his hordes, who pursued them. You may only think about the waters of the Red Sea that were divided by God's command to Moses to stretch forth his hand. But there was far more involved, read this Chapter for yourself. 
The Lord came down Himself and looked down upon the army of the Egyptians, through the pillar of fire and cloud. By now the Egyptian army was in the midst of the sea.

The Word of God continues to say that the Lord took off the wheels of the chariots, to make their travelling difficult. No, not the angel of the Lord... GOD HIMSELF did undo these wheels. Just imagine the involvement God will have with mankind. How easily can one overlook it without noticing the detail!

Once the Israelites had crossed, the Lord commanded Moses to stretch out his hand over the sea, that the waters may come back upon the Egyptians, on their chariots and the horsemen. The sea returned to its full depth and the Lord overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.

Again this is precision work and timing. The Lord is never too late, neither too early. We have to learn to trust Him in His judgement about things and time.


For Thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt Thou compass him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12
I am the Lord your God; walk in My statutes, and keep My judgments, and do them. Ezekiel 20:19

Jehoshaphat had no other choice than to turn to the Lord when he heard that a great multitude was coming against him. H
e said to the Lord the following:
"O Lord God of our fathers, art not Thou God in heaven? And rulest not Thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? And in Thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand Thee?" 2 Chronicles 20:6, and Verse 12... "O our God, wilt Thou not judge them? For we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do; but our eyes are upon Thee."

While all the people were standing before the Lord, including wives, children and little ones, the Lord of Hosts replied through a word spoken by Jahaziel. The instructions were clear and direct. Really too simple to win a war with. They had to go down to the end of the brook, position themselves and stand still. 

The next morning, as they went out, Jehoshaphat appointed those who should sing to the Lord and those who should praise and placed them before the army. Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the enemies of Judah, and they were defeated. Glory to God. 

Here we see that, if we want to be victorious, we have to follow God's directions and instructions, how simple they may be. Don't question the Lord. Just do as you're told!


We serve the One and only true God, Who was able to stop Abraham right in his track from sacrificing his son Isaac, through the voice of an angel; He commanded the ravens to feed Elijah in the wilderness; He shut the mouths of the lions when they threw Daniel in the den; He provided a large fish for Jonah, in order to save a whole nation; He loosened the chains and guided Peter out of prison; He rescued Paul on many occasions.

Just meditate upon what He did in your life and that of others. The depth of His riches is immeasurable and He wants to overwhelm us with His goodness. Trust Him if you desire to see Him at work! Have faith in the Lord and you soon will learn what a great God you serve.

Is there anything too hard for the Lord? Genesis 18:14


It was in the beginning of the week, many years ago, when I turned on the radio and tuned in on a local radio station for news and weather report. The reporter announced that a local man had killed his wife with a shotgun. Normally, I would've just thought about it as another crime. But the thought about this man did not leave me. I couldn't remember his name. When my husband came home I told him about the incident. Neither one of us spoke any further about it.

By the time I went to bed that evening I was heavy burdened for this man and the condition of his soul. So I asked my husband to agree with me in prayer, and he did. That evening we called upon the Lord to reach out, touch this soul, reveal Himself to this killer, and to create something new in this man's heart.

Everyday I was urged by the Holy Spirit to intercede for this man. This was not a common prayer, for I was warring for his salvation. This was intercessory prayer, and I knew from past experience that God was about to do something in this man's life. But how, I had no idea.

At the end of that week, on my way back home from work, I picked up a local Newspaper. I very seldom bought a Newspaper. To my great amazement I read the headlines on the front page about this shooting. A large picture stood out on the front page of the man holding the keys in his hand of his new home. His name was Gerald. His hand with the keys reaching out to his in-laws, who were also in the picture.

The report stated that the killer was handing over the house keys to his in-laws, to compensate for the loss of their daughter. The report read that Gerald had said he had killed that which he loved the most. The shooting had happened on the previous weekend, while Gerald was under influence of alcohol. Their two little sons were present at that time.

Immediately I felt a check in my spirit and my heart broke before the Lord on behalf of Gerald. I continued in prayer and I began to write a letter to Gerald. I was driven by God's Spirit and I don't know exactly what I wrote anymore. 

I remember one outstanding line. I wrote to Gerald that, even if he was in prison he could be a free man, through forgiveness of sin in Jesus Christ. I wrote him the plain story of salvation. I had a gramophone record with a testimony and songs of an ex-prisoner who had found Christ. 

The Lord directed me to send my letter, a Christian pamphlet and the record to Gerald. I didn't know his address, but learned from that Newspaper in which village his new home was. So, I wrapped up everything, wrote his name on it and addressed it to General Delivery of that village.
Beloved, I had done what the Lord wanted me to do and I didn't think much about it anymore. I had peace with it and no more intercessory prayer for Gerald. Looking after a household with four small children took all my attention and soon I seem to have forgotten all about Gerald.

Months later on a beautiful Sunday afternoon somebody knocked on our door. When I opened the door I saw a slim, well dressed man standing on the steps. His skin was somewhat tanned and I saw immediately that he was a North American Indian. We looked at each other without saying anything and I was wondering what this man was up to. I asked him if I could help him with something and he replied: "I am Gerald." I said: "Gerald?" and I had to think who Gerald was.

Sorry people, but he had slipped my mind at that moment. Then I looked over the lawn and I saw two boys playing around the trees. All of a sudden it dawned on me who he was. "Oh, Gerald !! Come in," I cried.

At first we didn't know how to start, we had coffee and he explained what happened while he was awaiting his sentence. He had received my mail and was greatly moved that a stranger cared enough about him to write him and present him Jesus Christ. 

What spoke to him the most was that I had written that he could be a free man even if he received a jail sentence. He then had accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior, right in his jail cell, and testified about this before the Court.

We stayed in contact and Gerald brought his in-laws over to our house. His mother in-law told me how much my mail to Gerald had even helped her to cope with the loss of her daughter and with the forgiveness toward her son-in-law. Gerald had openly confessed his sin of killing and pleaded guilty at the Court Hearing. 

The judge took also into consideration that he was under influence of alcohol, and without previous criminal record. Still he had to attend more Court Hearings. Eventually he was sentenced to several years, not as a prisoner but as a worker for God, working along with the prison chaplain. He was later moved to another area further away from us.

I met Gerald again in later years, while working in a nursing home. I didn't have much of a chance to speak with him then. A couple of months after, I felt that I should share this with the world and put this story on my webpage. I would have loved to have Gerald's input, for I know there is far more to this story than what I only knew. 

When I searched for Gerald through telephone books and phone calls I made, I learned that he had died ten days earlier. It rather came to me as a shock, but I was comforted by the Lord.

Gerald and I crossed each others path for a great purpose that God only knows. We may never realize the height and depth of such extra ordinary happenings in our lives, until the day arrives that all these things shall come into the open. That day when we will know Him like He is; when we will see Him face to face; the day when our tears will be exchanged for great joy. 
Beloved, I can hardly wait. Let us worship Him in spirit and truth. To Him belongs all the glory for ever and ever. Amen!

After you have read my story, you probably realize now why I gave the Biblical introduction of God's deeds of deliverance and His mercy to mankind. But also to pay close attention to obey His commands and to adhere to His voice. For we serve a holy God.

Not one of us deserves His Grace and Salvation, nevertheless He has provided Ultimate Freedom in Christ to whoever calls upon His name.

Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Isaiah 26:2,3

I pray that you sense His anointing. May this writing urge you to reach for a deeper connection with God, through Christ.

Copyright © Dr. Trudy Veerman, 1996-2014. All rights reserved.




No comments: