Sunday, November 23, 2014

the well



The woman at the well



Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinks of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into EVERLASTING LIFE. John 4:13-14

Whenever Jesus meets us on the road of life He will know exactly who we are and He may reveal some things which we thought nobody would know.

" Search me, O God, and know my heart today; Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray."

The following conversation Jesus had with the woman at the well saying... (Verses 16-18) 
Go, call thy husband, and come hither. 
The woman answered and said, I have no husband.
Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, "I have no husband": For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

Jesus revealed to her what He know already, and so it is with us. He knows who we are and He knows the hidden corners of our heart. Often people don't think about this.

Since the Father knows us in and out, we may as well be an open book rather than trying to hide a few issues. To pray to the Father and tell Him what is going on in your heart and life, opens up the way for true fellowship. This will make it to become a honest and open communication.

Communicating this way in prayer, brings indeed relief and forgiveness of sin.
The joy unspeakable and peace with the Father will return immediately.

We serve a wonderful God, great in mercy. He is the One who holds our hand when danger is near. He dries our tears when we are sad or distraught. He shows us the way when we are lost or confused. 
The Father has a remedy for whatever our need may be. Thank You, Lord!

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Search my heart and see if there is anything which is not pleasing You! Psalm 139: 23-24.

Be blessed in Jesus, while doing His will.




Copyright © Dr. Trudy Veerman, 1996-2014. All rights reserved.

No comments: