Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Secret Place

Praise Jesus!


Psalms 91:1,2... He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.

Psalms 17:8,9 ... Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of Thy wings, from the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

Hiding in God, to be in that Secret place
To commune with Him and seek His holy face
Is our desperate need in our daily walk
To stay pure in our thoughts, deeds and talk

We need to give Him all that we've gathered
Our pain, our fear and things that have bothered
The anger and frustration will break us down
If not surrendered we'll miss the crown

Giving it all to Him may be hard some days
To speak it out may just leave you in a daze
So, write down your confession in black and white
And you'll be surprised what you've tried to hide

Don't skip the secret corners of your heart
As this covers mostly the biggest part
Where sins are hidden from the human eye
Do include them in your letter to the Most High

Then humbly kneel down and present it to the Lord
Allow Him to read the pages that you wrought
His eyes will move from your writing ... across to you
While Jesus will be standing between the two

This will be your perfect hiding place
For Jesus covers the sin of the human race
No writing on your paper will to be found by God
Because Jesus wiped it out with His Blood

Your pages will be blank and your slate clean
No need to go back to something not seen
So march forward in the strength of His Might
And stay on His path as you walk in His Light

Copyright © Dr. Trudy Veerman, 2000

Psalms 51:8 ... Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice.

Psalms 51:9 ... Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

Psalms 51:10 ... Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.


The action of writing down one's sin/problems/hurts makes one realize his own position and condition. It is often a very effective and useful "tool" to actually present something tangible to the Lord and to leave it with Him. Also the ripping up or burning of the past is very effective. I have done this myself, years ago, and was amazed by its effectiveness. This method of receiving forgiveness and relief is another "tool" to help believers in Christ finding their way to a closer relationship with God.


I am suggesting this "tool" to you if verbal confession has put you to doubt your forgiveness and/or hasn't led you to victory in Christ. This method of confession will bring you relief from past pains and from a present difficult situation, because you do it unto the Lord, NOT as a ritual. You may be living a life of pretence, right now.


You just cannot keep on pretending to be somebody who you really aren't. To keep up an artificial front will break you down at some point. You have to learn to confess what God's word says you are, NOT what you think you should be. I am also suggesting that you rededicate your life to the Lord and turn the page to a clean blank sheet.

Please, read prayerfully and carefully what I know will be very helpful to you. Find the appropriate time and quiet place. Sit comfortably at the table or desk, get a large piece of paper and pen. Write down ALL that you can think of that you would want to hand over to the Lord; the good, bad, hurts, pain, joy, tears, desires, wishes, grief... ALL... Let it pour out on paper. Take your time...


Psalms 84:2 ... My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

Psalms 19:12 ... Who can understand his errors? cleanse Thou me from secret faults.


Next, take your open letter, go on your knees, call upon the Lord and literally show Him the letter you wrote and say the following suggested prayer:

Dear Lord, please, read this, take it, relieve me from all this. I give it now to You for You to keep it and do with it as You wish. Lord, Father, renew in me that which needs to be replaced. Create in me a clean, clean spirit, which is well-pleasing unto You. Mold me and make me after Your will, for Your Glory and for the furtherance of Your Kingdom, in Jesus wonderful name. I praise and thank You for being my Father, Lord, and Helper. AMEN AND AMEN.

Now believe that your letter has been accepted by the Lord and that He has put your sins away as far as the East is from the West. Take your letter and rip it up, or if possible, burn it , perhaps outside, in a steel trash can, in the wood-stove or above the kitchen sink. Be careful not to let anything else burn.


Know that all is gone, never to be picked up again. Do not continue in your old way of thinking for it's gone. From now on Jesus will do the work in you. Whatever you do you will go from victory to victory, remember this. AMEN !

Psalms 95:2 ... Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto Him with psalms.

Psalms 61:3 ... For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

Psalms 61:4 ... I will abide in Thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of Thy wings. Selah.


Below is a response from a person who recently applied this "tool" to her life.

Dear Dr. Trudy,
I woke up this morning in a new place. I felt at peace within myself. I cannot tell you the last time I felt peaceful. Its totally amazing. Something new has even been taking place this morning. I had always been really bad about allowing negative thoughts and words about myself to creep in and stay. This morning, though, when they started to creep, the words "I rebuke you in the Name of Jesus" came in behind them. I know those words had to come from the Holy Spirit because I have never used them before. I am going to continue studying about the Holy Spirit and His function in my life. Now I will have the power of the Holy Spirit behind those words.
Dr. Trudy, words can never express my gratitude for you allowing the Father to use you in my life. You are truly a blessing. I have found that your website unlocks the doors to a lot of subjects, and explains them in a way even the simplest of minds can understand.



Psalms 61:5 ... For Thou, O God, hast heard my vows: Thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear Thy name.

Psalms 90:1... Lord, Thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

Psalms 32:7 ... Thou art my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

And yet another testimony also in the same period of time.

Dear Dr. Veerman,
Well I did it. You won't believe what today has been like! I read your e-mail this morning before church. We had a Guest Speaker this morning, and as I was sitting in church it was all that I could think about. But when Mr. A. started talking about how Christians need to get their lives right with the Lord and need to rededicate their lives, well that got my attention. As he was talking the Lord grabbed a hold of my heart and I sat there weeping like a baby. He went on to talk about how we as Christians do this and that. And wouldn't you know he suggested the same thing that you did. Right then I knew that it was what the Lord wanted me to do.


After Church I took my pen and paper and went to the local beach and sat there and wept. I think I wrote something that looked like a book, it had so many pages. At first I confessed how angry I was with God and questioned everything about Him. Then I went on and confessed how angry I was at my parents for not protecting me when I was a child (that was the hardest, but I did it). I went on to confess sins that were in my life, and all of the little stuff I've done. That also was hard, but I did it. I can honestly say that now I feel a lot lighter than ever. At the night service at church, again Mr. A. was there and he was talking about prayer and how we need to have a clean Heart and clean Hands. After the service I went forwards to be prayed for, which was a big step for me. God gave me a peace that night, an undescribable peace.


Psalms 91:4 He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Romans 13:12... The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.

1 Timothy 6:12... Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
PRAYER

Mold me, O Lord, in Your image and after Your will.
Shape me, O Father, into a useful tool in Your Hands.
Form me, O Redeemer, so I can be Your Hand extended.
Refresh my soul, O Saviour, that I may tirelessly
reach out to those in need.
Grant me to experience the touch of Your hand
and fill me with Your Holy Spirit for Your glory.
AMEN !


May the Lord add His blessings to His word and may it indeed bring forth much fruit for His glory.


* * * * *



Copyright © Dr. Trudy Veerman, 1996-2014. All rights reserved

No comments: